Position Reports to: Shop Foreman
Position Location: This position is available at both of our terminals in Glenwood, IL or Cedar Rapids, IA
Position Summary: Under general supervision, conducts preventative service and accurate maintenance and repair on tractors and trailers as requested.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on tractors in order to maintain D.O.T. regulations and safety.
- Performs quality and accurate maintenance and repair on tractors and trailers as work orders are given; diagnosis problem areas and needed maintenance; repairs and replaces brakes, engines, transmissions, air conditioning units, air chambers, wheel bearings, wheel seals, dollies, doors, door seals, lights, tractor body and tires; installs and repairs satellite units; aligns axles as needed; and performs P.M. services and minor damage repair including some welding on aluminum and steel.
- Maintains organization of shop; follows proper shop procedures according to management; assists other shop staff members with maintenance as needed; and performs various ground and property maintenance as needed.
- Assists drivers with various questions that may arise concerning tractor/trailer repair; and directs drivers to necessary department as requested.
- Participates in departmental training involving updated repair procedures, safety awareness and equipment changes.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Necessary Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required; one year of experience in the area of auto maintenance or related field preferred; ability to read and write work orders; and possession of Roll Chest and hand tools required.
• Ability to lift 70 lbs and apply 20 lbs of force constantly to pull, push or lift constantly.
• Exposures include: various noise levels, vibration of the extremities or whole body, and atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, and gases.
• Ability to perform crouching, stretching, high reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, climbing, and squatting while performing job duties.
• Ability to stand, walk and meet the above requirements on various surface areas and conditions.
This position requires an applicant who is able to handle a muti-tasked, fast-paced environment. One year of mechanic experience is required. This is a full-time position with full benefit offerings including group medical, dental, 401k, life, disability, paid time off and more.